Grain/ lactose/ sugar free
Chicken Coconut Milk Curry
Chicken – 500 grams (With bones preferred)
Coconut milk – 1/2 creamed coconut block in 500ml boiling water
Big onion – 1 (sliced)
Ginger-Garlic paste – a big thumb of ginger and 5-8 cloves garlic chopped or pasted
Curry powder – I use 2 tsps of The Spice Of Life’s own curry powder mix or a Madras mix
Red chilli powder or fresh red chilli – 1/4 tsp or half chilli
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp spoon
Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp spoon
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – a pinch
Cardamom pods – 2
Salt – As per taste, usually 1/2 – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 spoons
Any green veg you fancy chucking in – spinach, green beans, brocolli and cauliflower work well
1. Soften the onions in the oil, then add the ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes to develop the flavours
3. Add the chicken – gently brown on all sides, and then add the creamed coconut melted in the water. Stir and cook until tender and delicious.
4. Add in green veg in the last few minutes if required e.g. green beans, broccoli, cauliflower (put in for 10 mins) etc.
5. Eat with a great big smile on your face.