Craving a cookie? Look no further, these are grain/ starch/ fat/ egg/ lactose free and GAPS diet friendly, but still utterly delicious. I have been known to eat a batch a day…Yum.
To make 6 bite-size cookies
4 tbsps Coconut Flour
4 tbsps Nut Butter (Almond, Pecan, Hazelnut, Bazilnut all work well)
2 tbsps honey/ or equivalent Stevia
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Optional: raisins/ dried cranberries/ coconut pieces/ whole nuts/ chopped dates/ cinnamon/ ginger/ allspice
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a sticky paste
- Break off pieces and roll into balls
- Flatten each ball and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment
- Decorate with a whole nut pressed into the top
- Bake at Gas Mark 3 1/2 for 4-7 minutes – keep an eye on them after 4 minutes as they burn extremely quickly. They are done when the edges around the bottom are turning a deep brown.
- Remove on baking parchment to a wire rack to cool – they are very brittle whist hot so be very gentle – don’t try to pick them up. They will become crisp when cooled.
NB. If you have weight issues, remember that nuts are quite high in fat. Consume in moderation.